2021: Residency for Belarusian photographers
ISSP in cooperation with Anne-Marie & Gustaf Ander Centre for Media Studies at SSE Riga is offering a funded residency for two Belarusian photographers/
The programme is particularly targeted at those who have been covering the recent civil unrest in Belarus and offers a possibility to implement an artistic project, work on a personal archive, network with local professionals or just take a much-needed rest for a period of up to 40 days.
Time period: January - June 2021
Duration of stay: 1 month stay at the ISSP Riga Residency + 10 days stay at the seaside guest house for the period of self-isolation.
NB! The stay at the ISSP Residency is planned for a full calendar month (1st to last date of the month); the self-isolation stay at the guest house will start 10 days before. The applicants can indicate their preferred months of stay in the application.
- 1 month stay at the ISSP residency apartment in the center of Riga (the 3-bedroom apartment is shared with 2 other artists). For more information on the ISSP Riga Residency, see here.
- 10 day stay at a guest house by the sea during the period of self-isolation;
- up to 250 EUR to cover transportation costs (fuel & car insurance);
- assistance with visa and logistics in cooperation with Centre for Media Studies at SSE Riga;
- local support by members of the ISSP team and contacts with local photography and arts community;
- a possibility to use the library and extra equipment at the ISSP premises;
- a possibility to meet with the local community at an artist talk or other public event.
Participants are responsible for:
Organising their transport to Latvia, food and personal expenses during the stay.
Who can apply?
Photographers/photojournalists currently residing and working in Belarus. The residency is particularly targeted at those covering the recent civil unrest in Belarus.
Two participants will be chosen based on their applications.
To apply, please fill in this APPLICATION FORM
Application deadline: 23 November 2020.
In case of questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are grateful to the Anne-Marie & Gustaf Ander Centre for Media Studies at SSE Riga for their support to this initiative.
Graphic design: Pavel Kedzich